Wednesday 3 May 2017

Making some Noise

A new and exciting project is now underway. Negative noise.

I had some time back been experimenting with combining oscilators to produce a chaotic signal and recalled being able to produce a signal that had a negative voltage.

I am not sure how I did it and frustrated having dismantled and forgotten how the original circuit worked. All I recall was that there were two oscillators and the output was passed through my sound card to the oscilloscope.

The soundcard (not being designed for this purpose) although revealling some interesting waveforms eventually caused the soudcard to develop a glitch as the current was too high even though it had passed through a filter.

I then went and brought an oscilloscope which uses the ps2302 usb to serial this works lovely.

I then spent some time trying to build a circuit that could replicate these previous attempts and after many failures I suddenly hit upon the right combination of components. Now I can use a variety of different transistor types to create a noise signal that has both a positive and a negative component. After passing it through another filter I can reveal more of the signal and change its underlying form as a high pass filter its really interesting that you can do so much with just a few components and this circuit design is flexible to use different  transistor types in order to create the noise and then amplify the signal using an op-amp.

I would now like to take it to the next stage and make the signal
audio with more amplification and create an A2D convertor so that the noisy signal can be read by a really LITE version of my Mlp-on-a-chip.

I'd like the Mlp-on-a-chip to read the noise and perform a time series prediction. It may be a lot to ask and it would be enough to get it to distinguish between the different noise types produced by each transistor. An ambitious project that I will hopefully begin with making the noise audible through a pair of headphones and an amplifier circuit addon that I must build.

I shall upload the circuit for my Negative Noise here for anyone interested.

For ages I could only build a working Multivibrator and still cannot get a good Sine Wave. But now I have Negative Noise!


Notes to self use Noisey Hyperparameters as-per Noisey transfer function.







No comments:

Post a Comment